In the subtropical province of Guizh ou, there is a small county clinic surrounded by fog. At the Kaili clinic, there are two doctors who live quiet, lonely lives. One of the doctors, Chen Sheng, embarks on a journey to find his nephew, who had been abandoned by his brother. On the way to Zhenyuan, Chen came across a place called Dang Mai, where time seemed to flow both forwards and backwards, the lives of the local people a complete mystery. He experiences his own past and future, lending him insight into his own life.
- Best Emerging Director (Lu Bian Ye Can), Special Mention for First Feature - FF Locarno
- Best New Director, FIPRESCI Prize - Taipei Golden Horse FF
- Montgolfière d’Or - Festival des 3 Continents Nantes
- Puma Prize for Best Director - FICUNAM
- Young Cinema Award Special Mention - Asia Pacific Screen Awards
- Yongzhong Chen
- Daqing Zhao
- Feiyang Luo
- Lixun Xie
- Shuai Zeng
- Gan Bi
- Tianxing Wang
- Yanan Qin
- Giong Lim
- CHINA FILM INTERNATIONAL
A remarkable arthouse debut from Guizhou.
Hints of beauty and pleasure to be found.
Born in Kaili in China in 1989, Bi Gan directed his first short, DIAMOND SUTRA, in 2012 which earned him the Special Mention award in the Asian New Force Category at the IFVA Festival in Hong Kong. KAILI BLUES (2015), his first narrative feature film, screened at Locarno Film festival 2015, winning the Best Emerging Director Award and the Special Mention for First Feature.