A country romance about the human streak in the horse and the horse in the human. Love and death become interlaced and with terrible consequences.The fortunes of the people in the country through the horses' perception.
- Best Director Award - Tokyo IFF
- FIPRESCI Prize - Tallinn Black Nights FF
- Grand Jury Prize, Best Music - Les Arcs European FF
- Audience Award, FIPRESCI Prize - Göteborg IFF
- Golden Iris Award - Brussels FF
- Politiken Audience Award - CPH PIX
- Nordic Council Film Prize
- New Director's Award - San Sebastián IFF
- Ingvar E. Sigurdsson
- Charlotte Bøving
- Kristbjörg Kjeld
- Steinn Ármann Magnússon
- Helgi Björnsson
- Kjartan Ragnarsson
- Sigrídur María Egilsdóttir
- Juan Camillo Roman Estrada.
- Benedikt Erlingsson
- Bergsteinn Björgúlfsson
- Davíð Þór Jónsson
- LEIKNAR MYNDIR
Flabbergasting images and a delightfully dry sense of humor make OF HORSES AND MEN a debut worthy of celebration.
In my target group is only one person that I have to amuse. And that person is me.
Benedikt Erlingsson is an Icelandic director, author and actor. OF HORSES AND MEN, Erlingsson’s first feature film as a writer-director, received the New Directors prize at the 2013 San Sebastián Film Festival and went on to win over 20 international awards. Benedikt Erlingsson is a 2016 Gan Foundation for Cinema award winner. His second feature film, WOMAN AT WAR (2018), was selected at the 57th Semaine de la Critique.