Vesna, a nurse, lives with her two grown-up children in Zagreb. Vesna’s son is married and his wife is expecting their second child; her daughter is engaged, and all seems well in the world. But their name poses an obstacle to all of them. When Vesna came to Zagreb twenty years ago she intended to put behind her memories of the war in Bosnia in which her husband Žarko played an active role. But one day the phone rings out of the blue and Vesna hears Žarko’s voice on the line. This unleashes in Vesna a mixture of hatred, love, hope and disgust.
- Label Europa Cinemas (Special Mention) - Berlin IFF
- Belgrade Victor (Best Film, Best Director, National Programme), Nebojsa Djukelic Foundation Award - Belgrade FEST IFF
- Golden Arena for Best Film, Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Actress (Ksenija Marinković), Best Actor (Lazar Ristovski), Best Editing, Best Sound Design, Octavian Award - Pula FF
- Best Lead Actress (Ksenija Marinković) - Mostar FF
- Grand Prix - A l’Est du Nouveau IFF
- Ksenija Marinković
- Lazar Ristovski
- Tihana Lazović
- Robert Budak
- Toni Šestan
- Mate Matišić
- Zrinko Ogresta
- Branko Lint
- Tomislav Pavlic
- Mate Matišić
Brings a new twist to the subject of postwar ex-Yugoslavia.
Carefully constructed and perfectly executed story ostensibly about repentance and forgiveness.
Born in Virovitica, Croatia in 1958, he studied at the Academy of Dramatic Art in Zagreb, where he is now professor of directing. He is a director and screenwriter whose films have won awards at festivals around the world including at Venice and Karlovy Vary. He is also a member of the European Film Academy in Berlin.