Romania, 1986. Gregor and Vali want to get away. Both need each other, yet there is mutual distrust. One night Gregor finds his doubts confirmed. In the end only hope is left.
- Audience Award, Vila Do Conde IFF
- RTP2 Curtas Prize, Vila Do Conde IFF
- Best Film Award, Postdam FF
- Grand Prize, Short Film Festival Brussels
- Best Live Action Short Film Award, Warsaw FF
- Audience Award for European Short Film, Angers FF
- Best Short Film & Young Hope Award (for Anca Miruna Lăzărescu), Gopa Awards
- Toma Cuzin
- Andi Vasluianu
- Patricia Moga
- Anca Miruna Lazarescu
- Christian Stangassinger
- Dan Olteanu
I grew up with stories about people who wanted, who had or who failed to cross the border. The border to freedom. In Romania we felt, freedom has to be the opposite of our country. "Silent River" is inspired by a close family friend’s story. Framed by the darkest period in Europe’s recent history I wanted to make an emotional and powerful film about a man who is at fate’s and force’s mercy because of his longing for a better future.
- SOME LIKE IT SHORT
- STRADA FILM
Anca M. Lăzărescu was born in Timisoara, Romania, in 1979. She moved to Germany with her parents in 1990. Her doc THE SECRET OF DEVA won prizes including the Best New Talent Award at the Sehsüchte student film fest 2007. She graduated from Munich film school HFF 2011 with short SILENT RIVER, which was invited to over 300 festivals and won 82 international awards. THAT TRIP WE TOOK WITH DAD is her debut feature. It was selected at Munich FF. She is a member of the Romanian and European Film Academies.