A six year old girl faces the first summer with her new adoptive family. An early coming of age drama about a girl who learns to fit in a new rural world while coping with the loss of her mother.
- Best First Feature Award, Grand Prix of the Generation Kplus International Jury - Berlin IFF
- Biznaga de Oro (Spanish Film) - Málaga FF
- International Golden Tulip Special Jury Prize - Istanbul FF
- Best Director, SIGNIS Award - BAFICI
- Best International Feature - Odessa IFF
- Spanish submission for the Academy Awards
- Special Mention - BFI London IFF
- Best Film (International Competition) - Mumbai IFF
- Berlinale Generation 2017
- Jerusalem Film Festival 2017
- Festival du Nouveau Cinéma Montréal 2017
- Viennale 2017
- Göteborg Film Festival 2018
- Busan International Film Festival 2017
- Zlín Film Festival 2017
- AFI FEST 2017
- BFI London Film Festival 2017
- CPH PIX 2017
- Istanbul Film Festival 2017
- New Horizons International Film Festival 2018
- Laia Artigas
- Paula Robles
- Bruna Cusí
- David Verdaguer
- Fermi Reixach
- Carla Simón
- Santiago Racaj
- Didac Palou
- Ana Pfaff
- Ernest Pipo
- Pau Boïgues
- INICIA FILMS
- AVALON P.C.
- NEW EUROPE FILM SALES
A thoughtful and moving family portrait.
An intimate, autobiographical study of how hard it can be to fit in.
Authentic and memorable...tender and determined.
Cinema makes me value every moment of life with intensity, it makes me observe all those details that this wonderful yet painful world can offer us.
Carla Simón (1986) was raised in a small Catalan village. In 2011 she was awarded with a scholarship and moved to the United Kingdom to study at the London Film School, where she earned an MA. Her autobiographical debut feature SUMMER 1993 won the GWFF Best First Feature Award and the Grand Prix of the Generation Kplus at Berlinale 2017, among many other prizes all over the world. Carla also received the “Women in Motion” Young Talent Award in Cannes 2018. Alcarràs is her second feature in development, also taking part in the Cannes Cinéfondation Residence and Nipkow Programm.