After refusing big and prestigious awards all over the world, Mr. Mantovani, Literature Nobel Prize winner, accepts an invitation to visit his hometown in Argentina, which has been the inspiration for all of his books. It turns out that accepting this invitation is the worse idea of his life. Expect the unexpected when you have used real people as characters in your novels!
- Volpi Cup for Best Actor - Venice IFF
- Best Film (International Competition) - Haifa IFF
- Silver Spike, Best Script - Seminci
- Fischer Audience Award (Open Horizons Competition) - Thessaloniki IFF
- Best Iberoamerican Picture - Ariel Awards
- Best Iberoamerican Fiction Film, Best Actor (Óscar Martínez), Best Script - Platino Prize
- Oscar Martínez
- Dady Brieva
- Andrea Frigerio
- Belén Chavanne
- Manuel Vicente
- Nora Navas
- Marcelo D'Andrea
- Iván Steinhardt
- Andrés Duprat
- Mariano Cohn
- Jerónimo Carranza
- Toni M. Mir
- LATIDO FILMS
- ARCO LIBRE
- TELEVISIóN ABIERTA
- MAGMA CINE
- A CONTRACORRIENTE FILMS
A smart satire about how institutions and social groups perpetuate mediocrity in art, and life.
We wanted to shoot a film with actors Guillermo Francella and Luis Brandoni that would be a dramatic comedy with humour, with emotion, and also with the possibility to reflect on a few themes and topics on a deeper level.
Gastón Duprat is a director and producer from Argentina known for THE DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN (2016), THE MAN NEXT DOOR (2009) and THE ARITST (2008), all of which are directorial collaborations with countryman Mariano Cohn. His solo film, MY MASTERPIECE (2018) played out of competition at the Venice Film Festival.