Justino, a 45-year-old Desana native, is a security guard at the Manaus harbor. As his daughter prepares to study medicine in Brasilia, Justino is taken over by a mysterious fever.
- Best Director, Special Jury Prize for Sound - Rio IFF
- Pardo for Best Actor (Regis Myrupu) - Locarno FF
- FIPRESCI Prize - Locarno FF
- Best Feature Film (Latin American Competition) - Mar del Plata IFF
- Best International First Film (Young Critics Award) - Mar del Plata IFF
- Feature Film Grand Prize City of Lisbon (International Competition) - IndieLisboa
- Locarno Film Festival 2019
- Toronto International Film Festival 2019
- CPH PIX 2019
- Marrakech International Film Festival 2019
- Rio de Janeiro Int'l Film Festival 2019
- International Film Festival Rotterdam 2020
- FICUNAM 2020
- San Francisco International Film Festival 2020
- Melbourne International Film Festival 2020
- IndieLisboa 2020
- CineMart 2022
- Regis Myrupu
- Rosa Peixoto
- Johnatan Sodré
- Kaisaro Jussara Brito
- Edmildo Vaz Pimentel
- Anunciata Teles Soares
- Lourinelson Wladimir
- Maya Da-Rin
- Miguel Seabra Lopes
- Pedro Cesarino
- Barbara Alvarez
- Karen Akerman
- STILL MOVING
Cinema has the propensity to exoticize indigenous peoples
Maya Da-Rin was born in Rio de Janeiro in 1979. She studied Design and Philosophy of Art at the Pontifical Catholic University, and she attended film workshops at the Cuban Film School.
In 2010 she moved to France to attend Le Fresnoy, where she graduated with honours, and in 2013 she has been an artist in residence at the LABoral Art Center, in Spain.
Her films and video installations have been shown and awarded at film festivals and art institutions such as Locarno, DOK Leipzig, Toulouse, Guadalajara, São Paulo Art Biennial, MoMA and New Museum NY.
Her first feature film, THE FEVER (2019), selected at TFL’s Script&Pitch and FrameWork, Cinéfondation Residence, Cannes’ La Fabrique des Cinémas du Monde and awarded by the Hubert Bals Fund for script and development, was selected in the Concorso internazionale section at Locarno FF. Her last project NIGHTSONG was selected to be part of the 2022 CineMart.