A young boy is ridiculed by his peers for being overweight. His parents want to slim him down at any cost, but he has found a way to relieve the pressures of his family and friends.
- Best Student Film - Molodist IFF
- Directors' Special Recognition - San Francisco International Festival of Short Films
- Grand Prix - Kyoto International Student Film and Video Festival
- Best Feature Film Under 30 Minutes - Potsdam Sehsüchte
- Gold Medal - Union Internationale du Cinema UNICA
- James Fordham
- Emilia Stachurska
- Kuba Czekaj
- Tomasz Woźniczka
- Daniel Gąsiorowski
- Bartek Gliniak
- WRITV UŚ
I have always striven to 'step out from the screen' and have a physical effect on the audience. What I want is for them to really feel the mental and emotional states being played out 'up there’ and for their experience to be tangible, palpable.
Kuba Czekaj is an award-winning Polish film director. His screenplay for his feature debut Baby Bump was one of the winners of the 3rd Biennale College Cinema program. The film also received a Special Mention in the Queer Lion competition at the 72nd Venice IFF. His next feature film, The Erlprince premiered at the 2017 Slamdance FF, and it was present at Berlinale the same year. The film also won the Young Jury Award at the 2016 Gdynia FF. Kuba is currently developing his new project: Sorry, Poland, which won Baumi Script Development Award and the Krzysztof Kieslowski ScripTeast Award during the 2017 Cannes FF.