A documentary about the last days of the Borneo sea nomads. A touching story of a 10-year-old Sari and his uncle Alexan, the last Badjao compressor diver from Mabul island and their unique bond with the ocean. The film presents the Badjao tribe’s ancient traditions as a magical narrative, spinning the urgent pressures into a hybrid of fantasy, fiction and fact.
- Special Jury Prize - Hot Docs
- Cinematography Award Special Mention - Planete + Doc FF
- Documentary Award Honorable Mention - Los Angeles FF
- John Schlesinger Award - Palm Springs IFF
- Eliza Kubarska
- Piotr Rosołowski
- Lisa Strohmayer
- Bartosz Pietras
- Michal Jacaszek
- BRAIDMADE FILMS
- RISE AND SHINE WORLD SALES
Born 1978, in Lodz. Documentary movie director, artist, sculptor. She is a graduate of Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw (Sculpture and Visual Arts) and of Wajda School. Also well-known alpinist and traveler. One from a few women in the world who open a new climbing routes. In last seasons she is focused on adventure and expedition films.