A man and a woman seeking refuge from the world: Nihat at a remote forest fire tower, Seher in her room at a rural bus station. Hiding away from others and fighting their battle of conscience alone, they get caught by each other. Once their lives collide, they have to fight the battle before each other.
- Best Cinematography - Adana Golden Boll International Film Festival
- Best Director - Adana Golden Boll International Film Festival
- Best Actress - Adana Golden Boll Film Festival
- Best Supporting Actress - Adana Golden Boll International Film Festival
- Best Supporting Actor - Adana Golden Boll International Film Festival
- Special Mention - Fribourg IFF
- Olgun Simsek
- Nilay Erdonmez
- Menderes Samancilar
- Kadir Cermik
- Lacin Ceylan
- Riza Akin
- Mehmet Bozdogan
- Pelin Esmer
- Ozgur Eken
- Ayhan Ergursel
- Pelin Esmer
- VISIT FILMS
Although prejudice against women, especially in rural Turkey, is never out of the director’s sights, she keeps it contained so that the personal tale is never overshadowed by more theoretical concerns.
Pelin Esmer was born in Istanbul. Her debut film THE PLAY (2005) premiered in San Sebastian FF, screened over 50 festivals, received many awards including Best New Documentary Filmmaker award in Tribeca. 10 TO 11 (2009), selected by Cannes Cinéfondation, premiered in San Sebastian, released in Turkey, France, Germany. WATCHTOWER (2012) premiered in Toronto and Rotterdam, screened in many countries and different states of the USA. SOMETHING USEFUL (2017) received Best Screenplay award in Tallinn besides FIPRESCI, Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Actress awards in Turkey. She has been invited to Berlin by DAAD in 2018 and now working on her new film QUEEN LEAR.